No VS integration?

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:34 AM
A Visual Studio Shell application sample... does that mean that an application like this will always run as a stand-alone application, and never as an integrated tool of Visual Studio (as in Visual Studio 2008, the development environment)?

Because of the domain of the application: being able to model software, I would expect this sort of applciation to be build as a Visual Studio package so that the storyboard could be part of a Visual Studio solution (being able to be checked into source control e.g.)

I would understand that one would use the Visual Studio Shell to build an application, like a video editing application or something where you would be able to reuse concepts like projects, builds, output, errorlist etc.

I agree though, that user stories do not need to apply to software, one could model all sorts of processes with it.
May 6, 2008 at 8:25 PM
I agree I thought this ran inside Visual Studio 2008 allowing you to create Story boards of your application and share them with team members, I thought this would be a different product type, however integrated with VS. Nice to see you can do things in Isolation I just downloaded the Isolation SDK my self.

Would there be a lot of work to integrate this into VS and make it run as at the project level? If so it would be a fun side project to teach me how to use the Extensibility package.