Error executing and installing the application

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:58 AM
Hello,

I have got an error installing and executing the application.

The error is: "Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application"

I am installing the application in a Windows XP Pro (Spanish version) and I have the lastest .NET Framework (RTM) installed too.

Thanks in advanced.

Jorge
Jan 4, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Also you have to install Visual Studio 2008 Shell Isolated Mode Redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=ACA38719-F449-4937-9BAC-45A9F8A73822&displaylang=en .

I did it also, and even i have Visual Studio 2008 Team System, Designer gives same error.

Is there anybody who can solve ?
Jan 8, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Hello,

I had the same problems. But I chose to also install the full fledged SDK for VS2008 and the integrated shell. And after that the install of StoryboardDesigner went as smooth as can be. So there must be some prerequisite that is not correctly listed, but is available when the SDK or the integrated shell version is installed.

Just thought this might be helpful.

Regards,
Meile
Jan 8, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Thanks a lot Meile,

I have installed Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.0, Visual Studio 2008 Shell - integrated mode - Redistributable Package and Visual Studio 2008 Shell - isolated mode - Redistributable Package, and I haven't had problems installing the Storyboard Designer application.

It has been helpful.

Regards,

Jorge
Jan 8, 2008 at 7:20 PM
Jorge,

Glad I could be of service. Still it interests me though what's causing the problem in the first place. I think the problem should not exist at all. I'll be surely looking into it, just because it intrigues me and because I think other users should not have to have the same problems. I'll be sure to post my findings here.

Regards,
Meile
Oct 9, 2008 at 9:26 AM
Hi,

I got the same error (I had only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (isolated mode) )

The solution: I installed:
  • Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) - ENU (got this automatically with my VS 2008 install)
  • Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.1
after this the StoryBoard Designer installation worked fine

Would recommend to add Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.1 to the prerequisites.

cheers,
Bernhard